Monday, December 22, 2008

Block 2 dun dun duuuun

We didn't understand how easy we had it block 1.
Well, duh, of course we did, we only had class two days a week and had gobs of time to study a class the med students mostly ignored in favor of anatomy. I guess we just couldn't appreciate how much worse it was going to get.

Biochem and physio are hard. They're cool, and so far the lectures have been much better than histo's, but there is a lot more information and a LOT more thinking. Our first midterms were last Thursday/Friday, and until that week I had seriously never locked myself in a room and crammed for 12 hours.

The tests went well, and my preparations would have been easier if I hadn't spent three class days at Emory, so these classes aren't impossible. I just don't think I'm going to be slipping off to NYC much in the next 3 months.

Also: because I had to memorize Krebs cycle intermediates I had to dump some early 90s cartoon theme songs from my memory. Sorry, Darkwing Duck.

No comments: