Saturday, January 24, 2009

Follies great and small

It was my birthday this week. After much ardent persuasion I got almost all of the AMP students to come out for ice cream at this awesome homemade sweet shop in Tarrytown.
Norm is giving us serious Face.

I was surprised so many people came because life has become Difficult. Everyone is spending so much time studying that they can't even afford to go to class, and half of the people in class are actually studying or reading scribes.

I guess there are some people with their act together. These must be the people responsible for Follies.

Follies is an annual sketch comedy concert put on by a mix of MS1s and 2s. All of the money from tickets ($3) went to the Children's Cancer Fund. I'd seen some of the videos from last year's performance so I had high expectations.
There were teacher impersonations, music videos, public service announcements, a cappella (NYMC's own Arrhythmias) and tons of "That's what she said"-style humor. When I walked out my face hurt from laughing so much.

No comments: