Monday, August 18, 2008

Histology

The second week of classes starts tomorrow. Since the AMP (Accelerated Master's Program) students take half of the first-year med classes I only have class twice a week. This leaves a lot of time for enjoying beautiful Valhalla and bunny spotting. It's there. Keep looking.

Our only class now is histology (micro anatomy/cell bio). We'll have 3-4 hours of lectures on Tuesday, and 2 hours of lecture with another 2-3 of lab on Thursday. Lab is mostly learning about a structure and then immediately looking for it in a section.

There's a lot more memorization to this class than anything I had in undergrad. I've already begun luring classmates, troll-like, into study sessions with promises of pizza. Luckily all the other master's students are into communal focus.

We'll start a biostatistics course in a few weeks, but I've heard it's not the kind of class you lose sleep over. Until then I'll keep reading the histo class transcriptions ($110/semester) and strengthening my relationship with wikipedia.

No comments: