Monday, August 25, 2008

Transportation

This morning I walked about a mile to get to Mass (Holy Rosary). It was nice, lots of families, tons of firefighters for some reason. It wasn't too hard to get there, but it still made me anxious to get a car. I wouldn't say that a car is absolutely necessary, since I have a nice roommate who drives me to the grocery store/train station, but life would be MUCH harder this year if my parents weren't driving my grandmother's old car across the country for me to use. I can only ask my roomie to shuttle me around for so long before it'll strain the relationship.

Public transportation is available. One AMP student lives off campus and takes the bus every day, but nothing beats being able to go directly to the store to get some Nutella when you're feeling blue.

My mother's going to visit this week. She's done getting my sister set up for her first year at MIT, and I'm looking forward to using her rental to get some furniture. I've been here close to a month and all I have are a bed, lamp, and a floordrobe. My roommate's a fan of IKEA, but I'm sticking to craigslist. Slightly more sketchy, a lot more cheap. But no meatballs :(

You know what else I haven't procured in a month at NYMC? Nerd friends! Where my nerds at? I'm getting desperate. If I don't find someone to watch anime/sing Broadway/make LOST theories with soon I'm going to start "accidentally" planting specific links in the group emails.

1 comment:

Valleyholla said...

Found some nerd friends, me-thinks... Muahahahahahahahaha....