Monday, October 6, 2008

San Antonio

I had my interviews at UTHSCSA today. It was very laid-back, and apparently designed to tone down the pre-med panic. Lots of nice new buildings and happy students.
I hate traveling alone. I constantly feel like I'm seconds away from being mugged, losing my luggage, or just forgetting how to read and getting on the wrong plane. But these rocking chairs in Charlotte's airports made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I'll be missing all of tomorrow's classes while I travel. The weird part is I don't need to let anyone know. I don't need to ask permission or give an excuse to an instructor. Creeping adulthood isn't all bad.

And another AMP student was accepted to some med school! So that's 2 down, 18 to go. I wonder if she'll follow through with the program since she already has an acceptance, or if she'll bail and save herself a semester and $14,000.

No comments: