Monday, November 17, 2008

The End of Histo

Nov. 4th was our third midterm for histo. Luckily it finished in plenty of time for me to drive around and find my sketchy sketchy polling station.

What's worse is my station was at an address completely different from the one on my voter registration card. Conspiracy theorists ENGAGE!

As I said, the next morning I received my acceptance email from UTSA (now in my 326th hour of celebration). The only downside of that email was that it made it almost impossible to study for the histo final, which we took just three days after the midterm.

The final for histo is the histology mini-board. These are small (2.5 hours, ~120 questions) standardized tests on one subject. It's very difficult to study for, because you have a ton of material and you (and your instructors) have no idea what the test will focus on. Last year's solitary AMP student said that those who studied and those that didn't performed basically the same. I wound up just perusing my notes from throughout the trimester and going through my PreTest. We haven't received our grades yet, and the AMPs are getting nervous.

No comments: